Monday, April 29, 2013

Dichotomy

This past weekend was a funny one. It was such a weekend of opposites, of either one or the other - there was not really much of a balance.

I was annoyed at having to study while at the same time I was finding comfort in the familiarity of it. I was tired and wanted to sleep, but I was too awake to actually do it. I wanted to be alone but not feel alone. I wanted to engage with people deeply but at the same time was craving just mindless banter. It was sunny then rainy. Friends and I meant to go on walk, but ended up in a coffee shop instead and invented our very own version of coffee art.*

Top left to right: Massive hot chocolate, coffee art, my friend Rachel
Bottom: My friends JB and Sarah

It was so easy to just live while at the same time breathing for no particular reason was somewhat exhausting. The weekend felt so long, yet it was too short.

* Pictures are the the courtesy of my friend Rachel's iPhone. I brought along my camera but left my SD card at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment